Sunday, February 15, 2009

THE TRUE INDIANS

Where are the people with a mission to serve the country? People tell me they are amazed at me and my actions.

I am surprised. My up-bringing and my education made me what I am today. Fired by national zeal my grandfather named me Subhash - pragmatism in my approach has come from parents - rare teachers instilled in me the `desire' to be honest and a `fire in my belly' to do something for my great country.

At 56, I am playing basketball - I am teaching basketball - I am living basketball. What more could I desire? Even if I train 100 children every weekend still it will only be 52,000 by the end of the year - THE YEAR 2009 is the year of SUMPOORNA BASKETBALL. Can't I reach 1,00,000 children every year? If I live another 40 years - even then I will be able to reach only 4 million children.

WHAT ABOUT THE ALMOST HALF A BILLION CHILDREN I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO REACH OUT TO?

A MISSION IMPOSSIBLE - YET I KNOW I WILL ACHIEVE IT! The twinkling eyes of the children are a reason enough to spend this life and the next life after this ----on this mission.

No comments: