Sunday, October 25, 2009

SHACKLES OF INDIAN SPORTS

subject:orkut - `CODE OF CONDUCT' FOR MATCHES. SHACKLES OF INDIAN SPORTS!
from: Subhash Mahajan
to: friends
sent:October 26, 2009 6:59 AM
Subhash:

Sports in India has `invisible shackles' - one of them is refereeing. Better teams are made to lose matches by use of `whistle' as the extra player.

I have stopped going to see the basketball matches - because the game is so `suitable' for manipulation. That is why it is important to have `links' if you want to win. Just pick up the statistics of last 25 years - you will find TEAMS having LINKS keep coming back to win maches with aplomb. What do you expect when the referee is either from the same club - or is a friend - or is a relative.

We are all to be blamed - including me - because the desire to see our people win is so strong that we ignore the fact that by making lesser teams win - INDIA LOSES! At a higher level it is difficult to `cheat' because too many people are watching. BUT EVEN THERE THE BIAS IS CLEARLY VISIBLE!

But my heart breaks when I see highly talented younger players being called for `violations' that they didn't commit. I have seen it too many times. I have cried often! That is why I stopped attending matches because I CAN'T TAKE IT.

IF YOU CAN TAKE IT - YOU KNOW THE REASON WHY INDIAN SPORTS IS WHAT IT IS! Is there any way we can correct it?

view Subhash's profile: http://www.orkut.co.in/Profile?uid=13735630220788827585&mt=2

No comments: