Sunday, January 18, 2009

I WILL STAND FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!

I refused the right to live a `comfortable' life - for the compexity of `true living' attracted me no end. People questioned my choice but I STOOD UP to my convictions.

It was an endless struggle of FIVE DECADES [my willingness to go for the most difficult and sometimes impossible objectives] and a marathon run that allowed little breathing space. From one catastrophe to another - catapulated into a dark abyss from which no return seemed possible - I willingly allowed myself the delusion that I WAS A GOD LIKE NONE OTHER. The need to have NO FOLLOWERS was great - as I wanted all others to evolve themselves into GODS.

Then suddenly everthing focussed onto a single thought - I WANTED JOY [the only thing worth pursuing]. Playing and teaching basketball to children became my solitary pursuit. I HAD FOUND MY GODS!

I am still quizzed as to WHY DO YOU DO IT? I HAVE STOOD FOR FIVE DECADES searching for `my joy' - and now for the joys of the children I WILL STAND FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

No comments: