Friday, March 19, 2010

INDIA DOESN'T LISTEN TO ME - I SHALL YET MAKE MORE NOISE!

It is very strange. I have made so much noise - noise that should have opened deaf ears - noise that should have permeated the soul of every Indian. But India doesn't listen to me. I SHALL YET MAKE MORE NOISE!

CHILDREN MUST PLAY! I MAKE THEM PLAY - I MAXIMISE THEIR JOY THROUGH THE GAME OF BASKETBALL. But no one comes and stand alongside me. The thousands of students that I have had - students who today are well off in their age and purse. The thousands of friends that I have talked to - who are very appreciative of what I am doing but do not send their children to the play ground.

Millions of children are denied the opportunity to play an extra-ordinary game because of the pathetic attitude of those WHO CAN PROVIDE IT. They are more worried about their `pegs of life' - their attendance at all the well visited resorts - for them THEY EXIST! Tell me how many parents are ready to get up early in the morning and go with their sons and daughters to a playground.

Another round of vacations begins - I am struggling to find volunteers for my camps. Those who can - DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR THE INCLINATION. INDIA DOESN'T LISTEN TO ME.
The deaf ears don't hear me - I SHALL YET MAKE MORE NOISE!

No comments: