Saturday, June 19, 2010

YENIGADALE - THE BALL WILL BOUNCE AS MY HEART POUNDS!

The call has come from JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA, YENIGADALE. The children want SUMPOORNA to come and help them learn basketball. I remember the last visit - I WAS MOBBED BY THE STUDENTS [specially GIRLS]. When are you coming - was the chant. I want to get mobbed again - JOIN ME IN A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE OF BEING A COACH WITHOUT BORDERS.

AND in this quest 12 selected children will join me to help sustain the new `love' for basketball that more than two hundred JNVites have developed. A pot-holed road leads to Yenigadale, so remote is the place that few venture here. BUT THERE IS A BASKETBALL COURT HERE - not one BUT TWO. Sumpoorna has travelled to all those who have called - so pick up your phone and dial 98860 20145.

From 2nd July to 4th July, the ball will bounce in JNV, Yenigadale from 7am to 7pm - and my heart will pound louder and louder. I LOVE CHILDREN - I LOVE BASKETBALL; and the only way I want to live for the rest of my life is combining these two. My own communion with God takes place when I play the game - as I hope my students will too one day get a SIMILAR JOY.

Sometimes I surprise myself. I had planned on going to SUMPOORNA and stay alone for a period of two months to rejuvenate myself. IT WAS JULY AND AUGUST - and here comes this invitation for 2nd to 4th July. Whenever there is a call for Basketball learning by children - I shall be there - MY DESTINY IS IN THEIR HANDS.

I have often been asked WHAT IS IT ABOUT BASKETBALL that you like. My answer is very simple - IT IS THE PRAYER OF MY LIFE - IT IS MY EXPRESSION OF JOY - IT IS THE WAY TO FACE THE WORLD. It is a weapon given by God to me - it is my Brahma-Astra.

No comments: