Wednesday, June 30, 2010

YOU SLAPPED HER - YOU SLAPPED ME - YOU SLAPPED INDIA!

What shall I say? I can see the marks of a slap on your face - I can see the bubbling tears that you are trying to hold. I can feel the sting of the slap on my face. I believe, whoever has slapped you - HAS SLAPPED INDIA. If your crime is to have WANTED TO PLAY - if your crime is to have SHOT THE WINNING BASKET for the glory of your school - then the teacher of that school WHO SLAPS YOUR FACE - needs to be handcuffed and thrown in a prison.

I CANNOT TOLERATE A SLAP ON THE FACE OF INDIA - I cannot tolerate a slap on your face, YOU, my basketball player student. How many times, you have worn my basketball uniform - how many times, you have worn my shoes - HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE SILENTLY seen your torn clothes, torn shoes with which you attend the camps. And you rightly take away all that is mine as yours - YOU ARE THE DREAM THAT INDIA MUST DREAM! For your sweat and toil in playing basketball is a service this nation must recognize.

THE SLAP is a reminder, that this is what we must fight - prejudicial attitude towards sports - towards joy of living - towards being a child. Come, hold my hand and walk along with me to the greatness that awaits you - for I dedicate my life to you - THE INDIAN SPORTING CHILD! I shall cut the next hand that slaps you - the hand that slaps MY INDIA. For my India lives in its children!

No comments: