Sunday, February 7, 2010

I WANT TO SEE BASKETBALL POST IN EVERY VILLAGE OF INDIA!

I belong to a generation when the game was GOLI or GULLI DANDA. We played with rare passion - it was no holds barred `concentration' of the highest order. And as we developed extra- ordinary mental and physical faculties - we found to our surprise that we excelled in everything we took up! It wasn't `games' for us - it was a WAY TO LIVE!

Today I LIVE to play basketball and play basketball to LIVE [joyfully}!

I want to give this joy to every Indian CHILD. I want to see a basketball post in every village. My roots are firmly in the rural India. Today, I live 90 Kms away from Bangalore in a remote village and nurture SUMPOORNA BASKETBALL SCHOOL. As I sow the seeds of learning of this great game among thousands of children - I wrestle with thoughts of how to IMPORVE BASKETBALL AS A SPORT IN INDIA!

I search for colleagues, players, coaches, promoters as I make this historic journey. This journey will last me for my entire life time. I know I will succeed because INDIA has never failed in what it has set out to do - and we are A BILLION STRONG! Does `joy' pump through your veins when you dribble the ball - COME, LET US GIVE THIS JOY TO EACH AND EVERY CHILD.

You remember your child hood - your first coach, or a senior player who held your arms and taught you - how to shoot or how to dribble. CAN YOU EVERY REPAY THAT PERSON! The journey of your life with BASKETBALL has been enriched - isn't is time that you gave back to the game. I WILL HELP YOU START! Come and visit our project SUMPOORNA - PROMOTING BASKETBALL - young children await you! Remember, this battle is not mine alone - it is of every INDIAN who loves basketball.

YES, there are others who are doing the same job. HATS OFF TO THEM! We wish them well, but we need thousands of such organizations - and there is no better person than you AS AN ACTIVE BASKETBALL PLAYER to help the cause. PICK UP ONE WEEK, TWO WEEKS, ONE MONTH in every year - we shall depute you to this noble cause of promoting basketball. Returns are extra-ordinary! A LARGE SMILE ON FACE OF EVERY INDIAN CHILD!

No comments: