Sunday, July 19, 2009

FOR WHOM SHALL I GIVE MY LIFE! I SHALL GIVE IT TO THE CHILDREN WHO DARE TO DREAM!

The world has given me so much - only a few years earlier on I was cursing this world for not giving me enough. Now that I have enough - it is time to share it. The only way I know is to spend my time with children talking to them of their and my dreams. Lately I have realised that children today hardly dream. Those who dream - their wings are cut off and they are told that they shouldnot fly.

THIS IS MONSTROUS. I shall give my life to these voiceless but the most prized human beings on the earth. We have today reached a pinnacle because our forefathers dared to dream. But we are far faster now falling off from this pinnacle because we have stopped dreaming - and hate others who dream. We want all of our children to become graduate engineers or software engineers or job-seekers. We are scared that our children become artists or musicians or wildnerness trekkers or or --- what other dreams they have in their minds.

I want to run says the child - DONOT say the parents `YOU WILL GET HURT'. I want to climb the mountains and run in the river beds - DONOT say the elders `IT IS VERY DANGEROUS'. In all of my spare time I tell the children to run - climb and venture outside in harsh conditions - for then dreams come easy. I SHALL GIVE MY LIFE TO THEM SO THAT THEY TOO DREAM!

A child comes home to mother and proudly shows a bruise - it is a medal of survival. Donot look at every hurt as `danger' - the real danger is in taking away the spirit of adventure. JOIN ME - LET US MAKE OUR CHILDREN DREAM! Billions of light years away a billion civilizations are waiting for us to spread our wings and fly! To do that we must say as JFK said `I have a dream'.

No comments: