Friday, July 24, 2009

GO TO REMOTEST VILLAGES - GO TO THE SMALLEST SCHOOLS - GIVE THEM A BALL AND A HOOP - THAT IS THE MISSION OF MY LIFE.


My calling has come. As yours will - one day. I intend to go to the remotest hamlet with my basketball and a ring. I want children to play this game. This is my way of saying that 7/3 was written for me so that one day I would discover it.

I promised couple of children near Shivagange that I would come and teach them basketball. I told them that I am forgetful and that they should call me again and again. One TASHMIYA has started calling. A tear of joy rolls down my cheek as I write this. YOU HAVE CALLED - I SHALL COME. I shall keep my promise.

God has willed that we meet - God has willed that I should hold your hands and teach you how to shoot a basketball. In essence, God has ordained that I should serve you - I should make you play and laugh and enjoy in your company. TASHMIYA - what does it mean? Urdu names are always extraordinary sounding - they delight as nothing does.

No comments: